The List launches 29th November
It’s getting to that time of year when you decide not just who you want to live with for the next academic year, but where you want to live, too.
We have lots of properties for you to choose from; Studios, 1 bedroom apartments right through to 9 bedroom townhouses.
First things first
If you have not registered with us already please do so. It’s looking like we’ll be just as busy as last year. But please don't worry - if you want to wait until the new year that's fine - there will still be properties available then too.
We’re going to give you a sneak online preview of everything that we have available from 22nd November… and from the 29th November, the letting season truly begins!
We like to meet our future tenants, and so we accompany all viewings; once you’ve seen the property that you like you can head back to the office and start taking the next steps. For an overview of the letting process in full, please take a look at our guide
The best advice
We always say, be prepared. Have a look at an application form - do you know the names and details of the people that you will name as your referees?
Read the documents that we have online, speak to your future housemates about what you need (and really want) out of your student home, and speak to your parents/guardians too - they will want to know about your plans and what it means for them.
1) Decide who you want to live with - you need to know who is going to be in your group so you know how many bedrooms you require before you start booking viewings.
2) With your group choose your favourite houses from The List - bear in mind what the monthly rent will be and the tenancy dates. Choose around 5/6 houses and number them in preference order in case some have already been let.
3) The List is officially released on 29th November so you will be able to book viewings from that date onwards. In previous years it has been a busy day that day and we can't answer the phones so please come to the office rather than phoning. You can view up to 3 properties during 1 viewing slot and you will only be able to book 1 viewing slot at a time. You must view with a Finders Keepers agent so please do not knock on the doors of any of our properties.
4) Once you have viewed houses and decided on one that you like you will be able to apply for the property in our office or online and pay your administration fee (£165+VAT per person).
5) To apply you need to have a UK homeowner that can act as your guarantor - this person must pass a credit check and be prepared to sign the tenancy agreement. If you do not have a UK homeowner that can act as your guarantor you will be required to pay your rent fully in advance.
6) Once your full group have applied and paid your application fee we will take the property off of the market and it will be yours, (subject to referencing).
We are here to help
If you have any questions, just call 01865 260 111 and we’ll be happy to talk you through them.
Even better, why not come to the office where we have plenty of computers to use for browsing through the properties with your group, and you can pick the brains of the resident experts at the same time…
We look forward to seeing you all soon.