The student market is very seasonally biased. Most students begin their search for next year's accommodation in December of the previous year. Invariably second and third-year students are not eligible for 'in house' accommodation and they must find a suitable property immediately.
Once FK Shared Letting has been instructed to let your property:
- The property is included in 'The List'
- An EPC is commissioned
- Letting particulars are drawn up
- It is posted on our interactive website with photographs
- It is added to our company-wide database
- Details are uploaded to appropriate portals such as Rightmove and Zoopla
Your property is not removed from our letting register until:
- Our administration fee is paid by all tenants
- Our application form has been completed by all tenants
- A tenancy start date has been agreed by you
The guarantors are contacted to make them aware of the rent and dates of the tenancy that their son/daughter/ward has applied for. They must complete the guarantor forms so that we can carry out a credit check.
Once referencing has been completed the tenancy agreement is sent for electronic signing. Once all parties have signed everyone gets a a copy.
A further appointment is made approximately one month before the tenancy start date for the tenants to pay their first account and arrangements are made for them to collect keys on the due date.